For the month of June, Asia Select Inc. participated in two school career fairs. These were the De La Salle University – Manila and De La Salle University – Dasmariñas job fairs.
Already half-way through 2017, a lot of recent graduates are asking themselves: “What now?” To fulfill this quest for meaning, we’ve listed down 13 reasons why fresh graduates need to attend career fairs and its perks in attending a job fair:
1. It is a “One-Stop-Shop”
· Nowadays, millennials want to make things easier and faster. This makes job fairs perfect since they’re one-stop shops for job searchers. This is because job fair event planners invite various companies to showcase their career opportunities.
2. Building Self Confidence
· You’ll meet employees from different companies and in different industries. This gives you a chance to showcase your ”professional self”. Dress up, look professional, and for sure you will impress potential employers.
For more details on how to power dress, read our article here
3. Learning the Art of Acing Interviews
· Attending a job fair can help fresh graduates to boost confidence and hone their interview skills. It serves as an excellent training ground for image building. Being exposed to a barrage of interviews is a good opportunity to improve communication skills and first impression building.
For more details on how to ace an interview, read our article here
4. Making a Good Impression
· As you become more comfortable with the job fair progression, talking to various individuals should become easier. Included in this is the skill of making a good impression. If you’re carefully analyzing yourself during the entire event, you should be able to note how to improve your first impression and what to fix in regards to your image.
5. Opportunity to Learn More About the Different Companies
· Most job searchers are guilty of going directly go to the known companies when there’s a job fair. In line with this, we encourage you to break down this stereotype and be open-minded to other opportunities present in the event. This open minded approach can be the reason why you discover other great companies.
6. Increase Potential Employers
· Come prepared with multiple copies of your resume and be sure to explore as many companies as you can. Don’t hesitate to reach out to companies that are not familiar to you. After all, life is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you’re going to get.
7. Consulting Those Dear to You
· After learning more about the different opportunities that are available at the fair, you need to start deciding which opportunity is most suitable for you. We encourage you to make this decision with a reliable friend, family members, or loved one.
· One of the best ways to network is by engaging yourself in career fairs. In these events, you will find potential employers and peers who already work in your chosen field, as well as those outside. Converse with as much people as possible and start making connections. Remember: It’s not always about what you know, but who you know.
9. Job Hunting is a Challenge
· Job searching is not a walk in the park. It’s physically and mentally taxing. However, through career fairs, you get to save both time and energy. As a fresh graduate, keep an open-mind and don’t shy away from opportunities. Face this step with both optimism and drive.
· The most strategic way for companies to market their brand is through job fairs. Because of this, you’ll find that a variety of freebies such as fans, pens, posits, notebooks, and more are available in these events. Try to engage yourself with as many companies as possible to see how much freebies you can find. In line with this, you’ll find that you get to learn about different industries as well.
11. Be Inspired
· You’ll meet employees coming from prestigious companies, startups, and more. Each organization has a story to tell and we implore you to listen to this. You just might learn something of value
12. One Step Closer to Help You Land Your Dream Job
· Job fairs are one of the best avenues for job employment. You’ll find lots of opportunities await you. Bring your million dollar smile and we’re sure you’ll discover a rewarding career opportunity for you.
13. Landing a Job
· Students are lucky to have all sorts of jobs made available to them. We assure you, if you decide to attend ANY job fair, you’re sure to come out with more knowledge and wisdom when it comes to choosing your job.
Before you run off to your next job fair, we want to leave you with a quote:
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go. ”
- Dr. Seuss
If you have any suggestions for article ideas or you want to reach out to us,[firstname.lastname@example.org]